Please watch this YouTube video. You can advance to 1:01 section & see the beautiful lift off.
JPSS-2, or Joint Polar Satellite System-2, is the second of the United States National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)’s latest generation of U.S. polar-orbiting, non-geosynchronous, environmental satellites called the Joint Polar Satellite System. JPSS-2 was launched on 10 November 2022 and join NOAA-20 and Suomi NPP in the same orbit. Circling the Earth from pole-to-pole, it will cross the equator about 14 times daily, providing full global coverage twice a day.
JPSS-2 will provide operational continuity of satellite-based observations and products for NOAA Polar-Orbiting Environmental Satellites (POES) and Suomi NPP satellite and ground systems. The baseline plan for JPSS Ground System will be sustained to support JPSS-2, similar to NOAA-20. The JPSS-2 spacecraft will host the following instruments: 1) VIIRS, 2) CrIS, 3) ATMS, and 4) OMPS. It was at one time intended to carry the Radiation Budget Instrument (RBI) but NASA cancelled that project in 2018.
NOAA sẽ tiên đoán đường đi của bão (Hurricane) chính xác hơn với hai vệ tinh JPSS-2 and JPSS-1
Mỗi vệ tinh sẽ bay qua đường xích đạo 14 lần mỗi ngày và cung cấp dữ kiện thời tiết toàn cầu hai lần mỗi ngày
Diem ‘Richard’ Nguyen
On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 4:07 AM
- Fox Weather on Yahoo News: JPSS-2 satellite launching next week will help forecast climate change, extreme weather
- NASA Blogs: Launch of Weather Satellite, Tech Demo Targeted for Nov. 10
- Fox Weather: 7 facts that explain how air quality is measured
- Fox 43: NASA set to launch new weather satellite in partnership with NOAA
- Space News: Centaur issue delays JPSS-2 launch
- NASA: NASA Welcomes Public to JPSS-2 and LOFTID Virtual Mission Events
- Everyday Astronaut: JPSS-2 | Atlas V 401
- News 12 The Bronx: Battery problem prompts NASA to delay launch of polar-orbiting weather satellite
- News West 9: NOAA launches new satellite to help forecast severe weather
- Lompoc Record: NASA and NOAA announce delay of JPSS-2, LOFTID launch from Vandenberg
- Space.com: Launch of advanced JPSS-2 weather satellite delayed to Nov. 10
- The Tribune: Vandenberg rocket launch delayed by more than a week. Here’s why
- WGN 9: Forecast – A Fragile Climate: NASA minds and technology track the changing planet
- NASA: NASA Coverage Set for NOAA’s Joint Polar Satellite System-2 Launch
- Space Daily: Making History in Space
Want to see more imagery and data from JPSS satellites? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!