BY TYLER DURDEN
FRIDAY, OCT 13, 2023 – 09:10 AM
Local and federal law enforcement agencies across the US are increasing patrols after a former Hamas leader called on supporters to unleash chaos in what is being called a ‘day of rage.’
In New York City, Morgan Stanley employees were allowed to remote work today as an “All Out For Palestine” rally in Times Square, near the bank’s headquarters, presents security risks, according to Bloomberg.
Google parent Alphabet Inc. employees in NYC were told they could stay home today, while a Jewish school in Queens instructed parents it would close today due to security risks.
NBC News said the New York Police Department ordered all officers to be on patrol today while providing enhanced security at cultural sites and houses of worship. Additional officers will be deployed to protest areas.
“New York City will do whatever it takes to keep our people safe,” New York Mayor Eric Adams (D) told reporters at a Thursday evening press conference.
Outside of Israel, NYC has the largest Jewish population, and already, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s (D) Democratic Socialists of America have held pro-Palestinian rallies in Times Square.
From coast to coast, police departments said they plan to increase patrols after Khaled Mashal, the former leader and founding member of Hamas, called on Muslims earlier this week to unleash a ‘Day of Rage‘ on Friday.
Here’s why state and federal officials are on guard today (a translation of the statement via the Middle East Media Research Institute):
- “First: We declare next Friday, ‘The Friday of the Al-Aqsa Flood,’ as a day of general mobilization in our Arab and Islamic world and among the free people of the world. It is a day to rally support, offer aid, and participate actively. It is a day to expose the crimes of the occupation, isolate it, and foil all its aggressive schemes. It is a day to demonstrate our love for Palestine, Jerusalem, and Al-Aqsa. It is a day for sacrifice, heroism, and dedication, and to earn the honor of defending the first Qibla of Muslims, the third holiest mosque, and the ascension of the trusted Messenger.
- “Second: We call upon our rebellious youth throughout the West Bank, in its cities, villages, and uprising camps, in the streets and neighborhoods of Jerusalem, and at the squares of the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque, to rise up, join massive demonstrations, and shake the ground beneath the feet of the Zionist invaders and their settler gangs. Engage with their soldiers and cowardly army in every place, affirming the unity of destiny and the path towards Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa, liberating them from the defilement of the Zionist occupation.
- “Third: Our people within the occupied territories of 1948, people of honor and courage, who have borne much to preserve their Palestinian-Arab identity. This day is your day to mobilize, assemble, and stand united in guarding the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque. Preserve it, its Islamic heritage, its divine message, and prevent settler gangs from desecrating it. Thwart the fascist occupation’s plans to divide it, Judaize it, and build their alleged temple. Unite with your people in Gaza and the West Bank.
- “Fourth: We call upon the masses of our Arab and Islamic nation and our Palestinian people in all places, including refugee camps and the diaspora, to march towards the borders of our beloved Palestine in massive gatherings. On this day, we declare our solidarity with Palestine, Jerusalem, and Al-Aqsa. For those geographically distant, let them gather at the nearest point leading to Jerusalem.
- “Fifth: We call upon the free people of the world to mobilize in solidarity with our Palestinian people and in support of their just cause and legitimate rights to freedom, independence, return, and self-determination.
Axios said police in Washington, DC, have ramped up security at the US Capitol complex, public areas, places of worship, and some schools.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) called on the House to adjourn on Friday due to a “global day of jihad by Hamas” that creates “heightened security around the Capitol, and a dozen protests planned in DC.”
On the West Coast, all officers of the Los Angeles Police Department have been told to report in uniform this morning. City officials told NBC News they have enough personnel to provide security at protests.
Meanwhile, the Anti-Defamation League has looked the other way this week while the Chicago chapter of the Black Lives Matter organization, members of the Democratic Socialists of America, and a number of radical progressive groups at Ivy League universities, such as Harvard, have incited outrage for appearing to publicly support Hamas militants.
Please read more and view video clips at the below link:
Vietnamese American Conservative Alliance (VACA)